Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We Don't Need No Education!

Thursday, June 19th
Oh the joys of summer school. In my neverending quest to keep up on the bills I take advantage of extra job opportunities. Once again, I'm teaching school in the heat of summer to many that were invited to come back due to their lack of skill acquisition.
Unfortunately, the attitudes that arrive each morning at 8:00 are similar to the ones left behind in June.
Sometimes, when I'm kind of bored I try to imagine the various persuasive activities that my "lethargic learner's" parents think up to get their kids to show up each day. Do they offer money, toys, computer games, extra food, fewer chores, ponies . . . what? Whatever trick they have that gets the kids there I wish I could steal it and then use it on these kids so they would actually sit in their seats, open their eyes, look my direction, write with the correct end of the pencil and then, who knows---maybe they'd learn something!Posted by Mountain Skeen (Hey, it's me, Judy) at 9:32 PM 1 comments

No comments: